Eugene Geritz

Architect | 1935

After Eugene Geritz secured his degree, from Cal in 1954, he worked for Walter t. Steilberg, Architect (1954-57). After moving to San Diego he worked for Walter Wagner & Partners Architects & Engineers (1957-58) and Mosher & Drew Architects (1958-59) prior to launching Schoell & Geritz (in 1959) with Donald Schoell. Eugene joined the San Diego chapter of the AIA in 1961.

Eugene Geritz was born in Los Angeles on May 15, 1935 before going on to secure an AA from Cal in 1954. His first job was serving as a draftsman for Walter t. Steilberg, Architect (1954-57).

Prior to moving to San Diego to work as a Project Coordinator for Mosher & Drew Architects (1958-59), Mr. Geritz worked as a Job Captain for Walter Wagner & Partners Architects & Engineers (1957-58). With Don Schoell, he launched Schoell & Geritz (in 1959). Their office was initially located on 317 14th Street in Del Mar.

Eugene joined the San Diego chapter of the AIA in 1961. Among his earliest awards was the 7th Annual Gold Trowel Award from the Plastering & Lathing Institute of San Diego (1961) for the Rees Office Building No. 2.

By 1970, the firm changed its name to Schoell, Geritz, Paul & Allard, Inc. with the addition of Robert Stephen Paul and Arthur Dewey Allard Jr. joining the team and moved to 3230 Fifth Avenue in San Diego.

Partial List of Projects

Crest Importing Co. (1965)
2643 4th Avenue

Eggleston Residence (1959)
La Jolla

Hamburger, Dr. Robert N. Residence Remodel & Addition (1966)
9485 La Jolla Shores Drive

Hart Professional Building (1961)
Del Mar

Hoagland Commercial Building (1961)
Encinitas

Le Povllovin Dental Office (1960)
La Mesa

Peacock, Dr. Residence (1966)
410 Condado Way, Escondido

Private Residence (1960)
2851 N. Arroyo Drive

Rees Office Building No. 2 (1961)
3230 Fifth Avenue

Schoell, Don Residence (1973)
342 Pine Needles, Del Mar

Throneson Residence (ca. 1959)
1970 Zapo, Del Mar